Please note that baggage allowances vary with airlines, and airlines are free to revise luggage policies without notice. It is the responsibility of the guest to research and comply with luggage allowances for each airline on the flight itinerary.
Size and Weight Restrictions
Carry-on bags must:
- Not exceed 45 inches (length + width + height), or 115 cm.
- Fit easily in our SizeCheck® unit (approximately 22″ x 14″ x 9″, or 56 x 36 x 23 cm).
- Fit in an overhead bin or underneath the seat in front of you.
- If your carry-on bag doesn’t meet these size restrictions it must be checked, and all checked baggage rules will apply.
To avoid extra charges for oversize or overweight baggage on international flights, your checked bag must:
- Weigh 50 pounds (23 kg) or less.
- Not exceed 62 inches (157 cm) when you total length + width + height
Each special item you’re checking counts as one bag. When checking in online, you don’t have to tell us what the special item is—only that you have one. An agent will determine any possible charges for your special item when you bring it to the baggage drop. Special Items Include:
- Overweight bags – bags over 50 lbs.
- Oversize bags – bags over 62 inches(when you total the length + width + height)
- Infant and children items – stroller, child restraint seats
- Assistive devices – wheelchair
- Sports equipment – bicycle, bowling, fishing or ski equipment, parachute, surfboard, windsurf board, scuba tank
- Musical instruments
- Fragile/bulky items – saddle, antlers, Hawaiian pineapples, military duffle bags
For flights within South Africa, the weight limit for your checked bag is 44 pounds (20 kg).
Any additional checked bags will require a fee.
You may carry on 1 personal item plus 1 bag weighing up to 15 pounds (6.8 kg)