It’s important to remember that different airlines for international and domestic travel have different baggage allowances and can change their policies without notice. As a guest, it’s your responsibility to research and follow the luggage policies for each airline on your itinerary.
- Must not exceed 45 inches (length + width + height) or 115 cm.
- Fit easily in our SizeCheck® unit (approximately 22″ x 14″ x 9″, or 56 x 36 x 23 cm).
- Fit in an overhead bin or underneath the seat in front of you.
- If your carry-on bag doesn’t meet these size restrictions, it must be checked, and all checked baggage rules will apply.
To avoid extra charges for oversized or overweight baggage on international flights, your checked bag must:
- Weigh 50 pounds (23 kg) or less.
- Not exceed 62 inches (length + width + height) or 157 cm.
If you have a special item to check in, please note that it counts as one bag. When checking in online, you don’t need to specify the type of special item; just indicate that you have one. A baggage agent will assess applicable charges when you drop off your special item. Examples of special items include:
- Overweight bags – bags over 50 lbs.
- Oversized bags – bags over 62 inches (when you total the length + width + height).
- Infant and children items – stroller, child restraint seats.
- Assistive devices – wheelchair.
- Sports equipment – bicycle, bowling, fishing or ski equipment, parachute, surfboard, windsurf board, scuba tank.
- Musical instruments.
- Fragile/bulky items – artifacts, saddle, antlers, military duffle bags, etc.
For flights within South Africa, the maximum weight allowance for your checked luggage is 44 pounds (20 kg). Any additional checked bags will require a fee. You may carry on 1 personal item plus 1 bag weighing up to 15 pounds (6.8 kg).