Released March 30th, 2022:
Below is the latest information we have. We continue to monitor how countries, airlines, and travel suppliers adapt to travel restrictions and changes.
“South Africa is open for International travel and we are in full swing. Every week in 2022 we have travelers scheduled. We are almost fully booked for Sept-Nov this year. Those that have traveled with us over the past few weeks and months, have experienced a fantastic time and the reviews are very positive” ~Deon Barnard CEO
Some comments from travelers are: “I liked that it was not that busy & crowded”, “I wanted to secure my trip before gas & inflation increase the rates”, “Go Touch Down has checked all the safety and health protocol boxes”, “I felt free again, as this trip was much needed”, “Go Touch Down arranged my covid test appointment for me in South Africa”
The current status:
- South Africa: Currently, one of the traveling conditions entering SA is – Fully Vaccinated travelers no longer need a negative PCR covid test, and only need to provide a copy of their vaccination certificate. Un-vaccinated travelers must provide a negative PCR Covid-19 test result no older than 72 hours prior to leaving their country. See link for level updates: CLICK HERE
- Americans: Americans may travel to South Africa with USA passports, provided you have proof of a Fully Vaccinated certificate, or a negative PCR test (mentioned above) that needs to be provided before entering South Africa. Note that although you may travel, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative Rapid Antigen COVID-19 test, taken within 1 day of return departure: CLICK HERE
- Canadians: Canadians with Canadian passports may travel, and they too are subject to producing the Fully Vaccinated certificate or a negative PCR covid test prior to arriving in SA. Upon returning to Canada they are subject to completing ArriveCAN online. For CANADA Travel Updates click on link and note detailed updates and procedures: CLICK HERE
- Australians: Australians may travel to South Africa subject to the Fully Vaccinated certificate or the PCR covid test mentioned above. Citizens returning to Australia: As of 21 February 2022, all passengers arriving by air into Australia should complete the DPD. You can start your DPD seven days before your flight and submit it within 72 hours prior to your departure for Australia. This is because you must provide your health information and declaration (vaccination status and COVID-19 test result) within 72 hours before your flight. (Note: Digital Passenger Declaration (DPD) has replaced the Australia Travel Declaration). Here is the DPD link CLICK HERE – Please note the information per Sate & Territory upon arrival in Australia: CLICK HERE
- Additional Notes For Australians:
When filling out the DPD, you will need to:
- Provide your contact details, including a contact phone number in Australia
- Make a legally binding declaration in relation to your vaccination status
- Make a declaration regarding your last 14 days’ travel history
- Make a declaration that you are aware of the quarantine and testing requirements that apply
- When coming to Australia and in the state or territory you are landing, and the penalties for non-compliance.
We will continue to work with all travelers that are scheduled to travel in months to come. We have options for travelers and encourage you to contact the office or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more questions and info visit our FAQ:https://gotouchdown.com/faqs