Released: August 10th, 2021
Here is the latest re COVID-19 and how it may impact your travel to South Africa.
- South Africa allows for International travel (see conditions below).
Past: All Go Touch Down travelers that were scheduled to travel to South Africa during the 2020 pandemic moved their travel dates to 2021. In addition, travelers that had tours booked for the first few months in 2021, have done the same and requested to move to later in this year or to 2022.
Present: In March 2021 travelers from the USA started arriving in South Africa. Our tours in South Africa are now in full swing and we have a busy season ahead of us. Bookings from mid-August through mid-December are at 85% capacity. This is a good number for our small group tours.
Travel restriction in short:
- USA passport holders may travel to SA subject to a PCR Covid-19 test showing a negative result (72 hour rule) prior to departure
- Canadians may travel to SA subject to a PCR Covid-19 test showing a negative result (72 hour rule), but may have to mandatory quarantine upon return to Canada (this may change soon – please check the Gov. websites links below)
- Australians have a ban on international travel outside of Australia unless you have an exemption from Dept. of Home Affairs
The following important information, updates and travel restrictions may change. (Stay in touch with us to keep you informed):
- The South African Government announced borders are open for all international travel.
- One of the traveling conditions are: Upon entering SA travelers must provide a negative PCR Covid-19 test result no older than 72 hours prior to leaving their country. See link for level updates: CLICK HERE
- The US Travel State Advisory on International travel.
- Although you may travel, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) will require all air passengers entering the United States (including U.S. citizens and Legal Permanent Residents) to present a negative Rapid Antigen COVID-19 test, taken within 72 hours of return departure: CLICK HERE
- The Canadian Government has issued the following Global Travel Advisory:
- Avoid non-essential travel outside of Canada until further notice. Plus note that upon your return to Canada you are currently subject to a 14 day quarantine. See link: CLICK HERE
- The Australian Government has issued the following notice:
- A travel ban is in place for Australians. However if you are granted travel permission by the Dept. of Home Affairs, you must produce a negative PCR Covid-19 test upon return and still complete a 14 day mandatory quarantine. See link: CLICK HERE
Go Touch Down Travel and Tours will work with you:
With regards to our Standard Exclusive Tours: (8 Day Safari, 8 Day Cape Town, 10 Day Signature, 16 Day Combo)
- Go Touch Down Travel and Tours has no control on these visa and travel restrictions and we continue to see changes and updates weekly. Once restrictions lift for your country, you may contact us to arrange your travel.
- Be rest assure; Should you decide to postpone, “We will work with you” (We do however need to document this with a signed addendum if you are outside of your agreement terms)
- For sales agreements that are expiring soon (i.e. 2021), you may extend for up to 18 months subject to an extension fee and new sale document that must be drafted.
- All enquiries are addressed case by case. That being said, it is extremely important to advise us ASAP of your plans to travel or to postpone.
With regards to “Add-On Tours and Third-Party Suppliers”
- Tours & Trips such as “Vic Falls, Rovos Rail, Chobe safari, etc. have their own Terms & Conditions.
- Note that we have great relationships with these suppliers and in many situations, they have assisted us with favorable changes.
- All enquiries are referred to third-party suppliers’ case by case. However, that being said; it’s extremely important to advise us ASAP of your plans to travel or to postpone. Preferably outside of 60 days, as last-minute changes may not always be approved by them.
What to do?
- Email us on email@example.com if you want to postpone your upcoming trip. *We will inform South Africa, Note this on your file and contact you to discuss and arrange the addendum if needed.
- Or contact the office on our toll-free numbers (US/Canada – 877 480 6881) (Aus – 61 1800 431 345) .We will schedule you with your Travel Advisor or a Travel Managers to discuss your options in the order of travel dates.
- We will be updating our FAQ on our website with regards to current status on COVID-19 and Travel Restriction’s as and when they change.