Whoosh! You are comfortably seated high above the mountains, gracefully gliding toward the summit. Beauty lies in every direction: the majestic Magaliesberg, the spectacular Hartbeespoort Dam, and a kaleidoscope of colorful landscapes.
Officially named The Aerial Cableway Hartbeespoort and affectionately called The Harties Cableway, this popular attraction not also offers breathtaking views but also excellent recreational and educational facilities. There’s lots to do at the base station and at the top. Kids can wander along the Dassie Loop walkway, where educational placards describe points of interest seen from the top, or play in the KidZone, while parents enjoy some much-needed rest. Stone-fired pizza and other tasty treats can be found at the on-site restaurants, express food stalls and bar, where there are plenty of picturesque seating areas and bomas.
* An exciting cable car trip on the longest mono-cableway in Africa
* Incredible 360° views of one of the most gorgeous areas in South Africa – especially popular with hikers, paragliders and nature lovers
* An educational mountain walkway, boasting information about the history of the area, its natural surrounds and various points of interest
* Shopping and dining, as well as the KidZone play area for younger visitors
* An adventure booking center to help you make the most of your time in the area
In April 2015, the cableway was named one of the top 12 coolest cableways in the world, and in May it was awarded a Certificate of Excellence by Trip Advisor for its consistently great reviews. In June, the Magaliesberg Mountains were declared a World Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO.